Friday, March 27, 2015

A Discussion about Lyme and Emerging Tick Related Illnesses via Twitter

The Amazing Benefits of Networking on Twitter

About a year ago I discovered Twitter. Initially, I was following the Stars on the VOICE & attempting to keep up with politics. However, in order to maintain my sanity, I have since abandoned politics.  Almost by accident I discovered a huge number of my favorite medical writers and contributors to Magazines, Journals and News Papers were all on twitter. It didn't take long for me to build a network of other interesting and intelligent individuals from all over the World who I enjoy following.

Below is a perfect example of the amazing benefits of networking on twitter.  Last year I met Dr. Judy Stone, an infectious disease doctor and accomplished writer who has helped educate me on infectious diseases, and connect me into the twitter-sphere.




The link below is a "Storify" of an extended interaction she and I had with several infectious disease doctors about tick borne illnesses and the need for better testing to aide in early and proper diagnosis.



Storify: Emerging Tick Related Illnesses via Dr Judy Stone 

One More Twitter Tip: Make Lists

The easiest way to track information it to make "lists" of people you follow. On your page scroll down to and click on "Lists", click the + sign then Create new list. Next you will Go to the persons page you want to add to the list. Click on their icon and scroll down to Add/remove from list. Click on the list you want to add them to then click save.


2 comments:

  1. I am with you on Twitter. Best networking tool ever, especially for health, science, advocacy, change. Also great for poets and prophets in the trenches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura and I totally agree with you on Twitter. I've met some of the most amazing people there. All my best, Lonnie

      Delete